New Zealand Cases
New Zealand has 511 cases currently but there are some startling facts:
- 70% of cases are Pacific people.
- The Fiji Island's cases shot up from 473 cases to 45,631 in just 2 months.
From 15 April 2021 the case load went up over the next 4 months to 45,631 cases in a total population of 900,000 (5% of the population contracted the virus in roughly 2 months.
Report by The Fiji Times
From 16 June (2 months later) the death toll increased from 4 to 479.
Of significance, 18/4/2021: New Zealand and Australia formed a bubble and called it a safe travel zone.
24 April 2021: Bubble suspended
11 August 2021: Fiji and Indonesia designated very high risk countries due to COVID-19 risk
Lets get back onto the Covid-19 cause. My research to date is saying that people's immune system effectiveness is failing. What else is happening?
- Covid-19 is an autoimmune disease NCBI Study
- Diabetes, as well as many other conditions, weakens the immune system
- A lot of people have diabetes and it is out of control (IDF Diabetes Atlas)
- Death assigned to Covid-19 are 26 people in the age group of 50-90
- No deaths for people 49 and below, not in New Zealand
Here we have health.govt.nz highlighting the fact that people with medical conditions and compromised immunity are at high risk.
"The main reason for COVID-19 becoming a severe illness is the presence of underlying medical conditions, especially if these conditions are not well controlled.
Relevant medical conditions include:
- chronic lung disease such as cystic fibrosis
- chronic obstructive respiratory disease and emphysema
- severe asthma that needs multiple medications and medical care
- serious heart conditions such as congestive heart failure
- hypertension that isn’t well controlled
- diabetes that isn’t well controlled
- chronic kidney disease
- liver disease.
Conditions and treatments that weaken the immune system include:
- having chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- bone marrow or organ transplantation
- some blood cancers
- immune deficiencies including HIV infection
- immunity-weakening medications such as high-dose corticosteroids and disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs that treat inflammatory forms of arthritis."
So basically, if you are sick, your immune system may not have the ability to fight Covid-19 and you are the main risk category.
New Zealand Health
14% of New Zealander said their health was fair or poor
These are the 'At Risk' group (14% * 5,122,600 = 717,164 people)
It is proving difficult to find precondition statistics
REF: Mortality Analysis: John Hopkins University of Medicine
I always thought the USA was having trouble. But Mexico is 3 X worse off from the point of view of ratio of treatment to death.
Why are these three countries having such a high rate? Lots of sun so forget the Vitamin D debate.
Comorbidities and other conditions of Covid-19 deaths
Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The number of deaths that mention one or more of the conditions indicated is shown for all deaths involving COVID-19 and by age groups. For over 5% of these deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned on the death certificate. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 4.0 additional conditions or causes per death. For data on deaths involving COVID-19 by time-period, jurisdiction, and other health conditions,
Deaths totalling: 1,300,466/4 (avg number of preconditions) = 325,116
But these stats don't add up.
Bed to sleep 3:55 am
How can Coronavirus Harm You?
Things of Interest